Moebius's "Arzach" Animated—Page 2, Panel 2


Once I got to this panel, many of my workflow and After Effects questions had been answered. For example, I figured out that my image files from Photoshop weren't importing into After Effects because they were saved as CMYK instead of RGB. DUH! (Man, I wasted a LOT of time figuring that one out!)

Another After Effects issue for which I never found an explanation was the seemingly random importing of my layered Photoshop files as a sequence whose duration couldn't be adjusted. The workaround I found for this was to save each image as a .png file instead of a .psd. I still don't know what I was doing wrong but I'm just glad I found a way around it. Nothing irritates me more than being slowed down by a technical issue.

This panel was easy-ish since it was small. It didn't take much to separate Arzach from the background and to animate his cape and face. The biggest challenge was recreating the line work in the background. That's the biggest challenge for this entire project.

Arzach has such a great expression here that after moving on from this panel I returned to it to add some movement to his face. It gave him some personality:


Basically, up to this point, I cruised.

But now it was time to continue move down the page to continue animating the page's panels. 

Decisions needed to be made. How will the camera pan down? Will I see only the next row of panels or show the entire page? Will the movement in the completed panels continue moving or remain still?

These questions will be answered in the next Moebius Fan Animation posts.

If you like this post and blog, click the blue "Follow" button on the right to become a Follower! And leave a comment below. I respond to all comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment