Let's Talk DISCIPLINE



In the last post, I said that in order to achieve my post-project goals, I need to re-establish the DISCIPLINE that I had for 2 years while working on A Universe of Trouble.

I've been studying anatomy through Stan Prokopenko's course and have struggled to be consistently focused on it.

To get back to that single-minded focus I had for A Universe of Trouble, I turned to one of my favorite self-improvement experts, Robin Sharma. I like his presentation and his ability to present real-world, actionable ideas for the average person to use.

One of his productivity methods is called "The Habit Installation Protocol."


It takes 66 days for the human brain to hardwire a new habit to the point of automaticity, that point at which you perform the habit with ease and without thinking about it.

Arriving at that 66th day involves getting through three periods: Destruction, Confusion and Integration.




Sharma breaks each period into 20 days (although 22 makes more sense if they're to add up to 66). Death of our old limitations occurs during the Destruction phase. That's the phase I'm in now regarding my pelvis studies. I'm determined to do 22 consecutive days of pelvis drawings to get so I can completely destroy my old habit of slacking in doing my practice and studies.

Once I get through the Destruction phase, I'll be in the Confusion phase. Confusion is not a bad sign. It’s a sign of growth. Chaos is the next level of world-class coming to get us. We need to embrace the messiness because that’s where the expansion lives. Then once we get to the Integration phase, it'll be easy peesy!

If you're struggling to focus on completing a task, keep this Habit Installation Protocol in mind. It could help you achieve your goals.

If you like this post, leave a comment below (I respond to all comments!) and/or click the "Follow" button on the right! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment