Don't Break the Chain—Passed the First Milestone!

I talked in this post about developing the habit of daily practice.

According to the science, it takes 66 days for a habit to be hardwired into the brain. The first phase of the Habit Installation Protocol is the Destruction phase and it's 22 days.

I made it through the first 22 days of my daily drawing habit!



It wasn't that difficult, actually. Ninety percent of my dreams and plans depend on me drawing better including knowing anatomy. This is THE key to my dreams so I'm taking it seriously.

Here's something important I noticed: there were many days when I was tired and hadn't drawn yet but I still pulled out a pencil and did something before going to sleep. The mere act of STARTING temporarily got me past the fatigue and I found that once I started I didn't want to stop!

I'm now ready to start phase 2, the Confusion phase. I'm curious to see if it actually does feel confusing or if it's simply another 22 days of the previous phase.

If you like this post and blog, click the blue button on the right to become a Follower! And leave a comment below. I respond to all comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment