How to Feel Great as an Artist (Or, What to Do, Underline Any That Currently Apply)
1. Don’t compare yourself to others. Celebrate your own unique skill set and style.
|Photo courtesy of jperdue.blogspot.com.|
2. Share your passion with like-minded creative folks. There are plenty of artists out there who share their love for the medium, just like you. Form a group and cheer each other on.
3. Base your success on your own artist growth, tackle as many projects as possible.
4. Challenge yourself constantly to push yourself to the next level.
|Photo courtesy of runwithmark.wordpress.com.|
5. Be confident in your knowledge and your ability to creatively problem solve.
6. Do it because you love it.
7. Follow your own vision. If you build it, they will come. (and if not, you can be happy that you accomplished something all on your own terms.)
|Photo courtesy of www.beliefnet.com.|
8. Do work because you enjoy it. Please yourself first!
9. Share your thoughts, concerns and feedback with the client / customer / gallery owner / patron. Frame your dialogue with the intent of helping your clients succeed.
10. Set realistic goals, both short term and long term. Re-evaluate and refocus your goals. Take the time to enjoy the artistic journey. -Krishna of PCWeenies
|Photo courtesy of www.mywebdept.com.|
Will you be following any of these suggestions?