Don't Break the (Creative) Chain–January 2020


I learned about this from Jerry Seinfeld.

He had a similar chart for the goal of writing one joke per day.

I've been using these charts for several years for several projects. It's an easy, daily reminder of whether or not I've made the effort to draw. I'll admit, I'm sometimes too generous with my green checkmarks—if I draw for 5 minutes, I count it as a draw day!

It's also a clear way to evaluate and figure out why there are red X marks. I was consistent the first 13 days of the year. Then I was diagnosed with a neurological disorder, focal dystonia of the foot, that's been hindering me since August, 2018. Notice how I used my depression about my condition to not draw.

Not. Good.

Things improved slightly the next week but I have yet to get back into a consistent practice.

Now I have something to aim for in February!

If you like this post and blog, click the blue "Follow" button on the right to become a Follower! And leave a comment below. I respond to all comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment