Creativity & Thinking Like a Child

Picasso: "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist after he grows up."


Researchers at North Dakota State University executed a study about adult creativity. They discovered that the more an adult acts and thinks like a child, the more imaginative he or she becomes. Read the details here.


This made me think about all of the creative outlets we had in elementary school (I still have the ash tray I sculpted for my father in the 3rd grade! It used to be decorated with pasta elbows but those fell off years ago.) and how that decreased as we got older. It's a shame our culture doesn't value art and music education more, clearly it's necessary for our functioning as adults.


Let's all stay in touch with our inner child!

2 comments:

  1. i keep my inner child close to my hip at all times! she keeps me moving. thanks for the ND studies ( so after all im not as crazy as i thought lol)I I still have a couple of my old art works that i pulled out and hung up on my wall at home and i took some drawing to work to put on my walls( i teach art @ a after-school program) and that helps some of my students with there work, & i guess that helps me to stay in toune with my inner child.


    it is a shame our culture doesn't value art

    keep that kid alive!! =)

    ReplyDelete