Congratulations, Bill Plympton!

I've always admired Bill Plympton. He makes independent animated shorts and features that tell purely adult stories. And when I say adult, I don't mean smutty! I mean clever and insightful, like the adult-mind. No "family entertainment" from this guy!

That's why I jumped  at the chance to learn from him last year as a member of the first class (of only two, it seems) of the Bill Plympton Animation School. It was an invaluable experience and worth every penny AND every second.

Bill had mentioned during class that he was struggling to get his latest feature, "Idiots and Angels," released in the United States. So after two years, it's now playing in NYC. PLUS, it got a RAVE review in the New York Times.



So if you're in NYC, give this film a look.

1 comment:

  1. I like Bills work also, glad you enjoyed his class. I know this is a tad bit late but i just check my email this was from WIA

    The Film, Vieo, and Animation Department of School of Visual Arts cordially invites you
    to attend a screening of Bill Plympton's film called "Idiots and Angels" and a Q&A with
    Bill Plympton. His other credits include: "Hair High," "Mutant Aliens," "I Married A Strange Person,"
    "The Tune," and "Your Face"!

    Date: Tuesday, Oct. 5th, 2010
    Time: 6:00pm
    Place: School of Visual Arts Theatre
    Address: 333 West 23rd Street (betwn 8th and 9th Aves)

    ReplyDelete