Don't Break the Chain!

I first talked about the “Don’t Break the Chain” chart here in 2011.

This has been an important motivational tool for me to be consistent about doing daily work. It’s nice having a colorful visual aid that quickly shows my efforts. As my favorite self-improvement teacher, Robin Sharma, always says: Consistency is the mother of mastery.

I like to do a green check mark on the days that I draw and a red “X” on the days that I don’t. That way it’s REALLY clear how well I’ve been doing. This is my chart from when I completed "A Universe of Trouble" through this past Saturday:



The green checks greatly outnumber the red x's. Seeing all of the green is a huge motivator!

You can download a letter-size pdf chart here or a tabloid-size one here (click the "x" in the corner to get past Dropbox's request that you sign up.) Both of these charts are 366 days because I include a 29th day for February. Also, these layouts are more generic than the custom one I made above.

Remember: Consistency is the mother of mastery.

If you like these blog posts, please leave a comment or become a follower. I respond to ALL of your comments. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment