Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Charting the Progress

Recently I decided to dedicate FIVE precious hours to a non-creative activity. I made a single chart that provides all of the essential scene-related information I need regularly: scene number, scene duration, scene description and the scene's percentage of the entire film. Additionally, I decided that every time a scene's completed, I'd add a thumbnail that provides a quick view of my progress.

Aside from providing information, creating the chart made me determine the final number of scenes in the film. When exporting from Storyboard Pro to Animate Pro, SBP generated scenes automatically (I haven't researched it but I don't think the user has any control over that process.) As a result, SBP produced 75 AP scenes. But some of those "scenes" were moments that occur in larger scenes so I can combine some of those scenes into one. As a result, I've gone from 75 scenes to 57! This is HUGELY beneficial psychologically. Although the amount of work hasn't changed, knowing that I have to complete 57 instead of 75 scenes just makes me feel better!

And if I feel better I'm more likely to work harder and be more optimistic about completing this thing!

Whatever it takes…


Monday, April 22, 2013

Scene 16 completed!

It took awhile (too long!) but it's done!

video

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Searching For Luthor's Expression

I wanted a solid expression for Luthor's lip lick in Scene 16. Of course it didn't come easily and required four days and three pages of attempts before I found the right one.

First attempts.



Second attempts.




Finally found it! (I went with the circled expression.)