Super Sites: Cal Arts The Character Animation Mac Labs

This is the first of a new series of posts called "Super Sites." Since I've gotten such a HUGE education from numerous online sources, I should recognize individually for their positive contribution to my storytelling education. Without these sites, I'd be swimming in a cesspool of doubts, fears and ignorance!

First is this AMAZING resource from the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts). Until sometime in the 1990's, CalArts was the ONLY school that taught animation (it was the only option for me in the United States when I graduated from high school in 1987 and considered an animation college). Today it boasts numerous graduates working in various capacities in the animation field.

While searching for field guide information, I came across their Character Animation Mac Labs handouts page that's available not only to CalArts students, but to the public as well. This site is especially helpful for us newbie independent animators with it's clear explanations on various topics. I'm confident that you'll find something of use here!



No comments:

Post a Comment