Sunday Film Post--Animatic version 3

Finally, I'm uploading at a decent hour on a Sunday!

As I said in my previous post, I have abandoned using ToonBoom's Storyboard Pro due to numerous difficulties and have returned to Adobe After Effects to deal with other difficulties. First on the list is how to adjust the speed of camera moves/transitions. As you can see in this animatic, the zooms start out fast then slow down. I don't want that, I want them consistently paced! I know it involves the "graph editor" which is waaaay scary. So figuring that out is going to take some time.

This animatic has some new and/or improved drawings. Now that I have preliminary character designs, I want them reflected in the animatic. I also decided that the gray, scratchy pencil lines make it difficult to "read" the action so I'm improving that, too.

Thanks to Cablevision, I will be unwillingly missing tonight's Barbara Walters special (not only her last but actually interviewing people I want to see!) and the Oscars. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise--do I really need to be up to midnight or later to see which rich and successful person wins best director and best picture? Will staying up late help me in any way? On the other hand, watching episodes of "The Office" definitely helps me deal better with my own…work situation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment