Wednesday Graphic Novel Post--Panel 1 test

I'm currently collaborating on a graphic novel called "Chalk Outline Man." The story opens with an aerial view of a residential cityscape. To date I've done several test versions with the version below being the closest--so far--to what I ultimately want.

I've spent so much time on this one panel because I see it as a splash page (11" x 8.5" folded in half). Since this is the first image the reader sees--well, the second really, to the cover--it's important to me that it fully engage the eye. I love renderin
gs of cityscapes and am determined to make this one look excellent.

This image is a combination of a rough drawing scanned into Photoshop. The tones were added in Photoshop using a combination of fills, gradients and textures. I'm confident that with some more dedicated effort and experimentation, it'll look great!



No comments:

Post a Comment